Friday, June 19, 2009

Relief at Last

I heard a 'Pet Communicator' on Fiona Wyllie's ABC radio program yesterday. She helps people communicate with the spirits of departed pets so that they can complete the greiving process. I know, some people probably think she's having us on but personally I believed every word.

Anyway, I suddenly realised why I had been hearing cats and dogs howling all night. It wasn't the neighbour's pets on the loose. It was the ghosts of Scamp and Tinkers, my childhood buddies, who unfortunately perished when the model volcano I made as a school project got out of control.

When Mum and Dad rebuilt the house and cooled down a bit they bought me another puppy and kitten but they were never as cute as Scamps and Tinkers.

Anyway, last night I made up a tincture of 'nothing much'* in a generous slurp of brandy and slept like a log for the first time in years. Didn't hear a dog or cat all night.

I might market it as "Spirit Remover" because it looks like it worked. Someone, or something, drank the bowl of Spirit Remover I left out and the neighbour just rang to ask me to search for his dog and cat who seem to have gone missing.

I think I'm on to something. Maybe I should flog some to Fiona's guest.

* technical term for a active ingredient in Placebo medicine.

No comments: